Safe Water Projects
Can you imagine having to walk for half an hour or more every time you wanted to collect drinking water?
For more than 25% of Ethiopians, this is part of life.
So, too, is not having a toilet to use or knowledge about sanitation that can help minimise diseases like diarrhoea. TEAR Australia has been working with our long-term Ethiopian partner the Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church (EKHC) on a water and sanitation projects, using basic infrastructure and training to significantly improve the lives of the people living there.
Providing close access to water dramatically improves the time available in communities for other productive purposes, such as farming or education. In some locations, it can be several kilometres walk to a natural spring. EKHC are also trainingcommunity members to build their own traditional communal toilets. This ultimately leads to healthier families and communities.
TEAR Australia invites you to partner with Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church to provide water and sanitation to communities facing poverty.
What you receive
- Choose from a Impact level 1 / 100, or Impact level 2 / 100.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.