When a reliable source of water isn’t available, health and livelihoods are held back. A safe and sustainable source of water, and the training and resources to maintain it, can make all the difference for an entire village.
How your gift helps
Access to a reliable source of water can make a life-changing difference to health and livelihoods!
Tearfund’s partner Reformed Open Community Schools (ROCS) is working in communities in rural Zambia to open the channels of safe water and improve health through better sanitation. The project has seen amazing results through its work in local schools, with the construction of boreholes (like the one pictured here) delivering clean and safe drinking water to hundreds of students.
And with access to toilets and hand washing facilities too, cases of waterborne diseases are reducing not only in schools but in homes too, as students are empowered to share their learning around sanitation with their families and neighbours.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
All printed cards and envelopes use PEFC certified paper and are produced according to ISO 14001 environmental standards.
Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
When a reliable source of water isn’t available, health and livelihoods are held back. A safe and sustainable source of water, and the training and resources to maintain it, can make all the difference for an entire village. | More information.