A Really Useful Gift Voucher is like any other voucher you might pass on to a friend. It’s a credit to use in our online store or catalogue. Rather than giving someone a specific gift from the catalogue, they can choose which gift they’d like the donation to be contributed to.
- Gift vouchers are delivered to you by email. You can then pass them on to your gift recipient.
- Gift vouchers come with instructions on how to redeem them at checkout.
- They have no additional processing fees.
- Gift vouchers expire after 12 months.
What happens when I purchase a Gift Voucher?
- When you buy a Gift Voucher, you’ll receive a tax-deductible receipt.
- We will issue you a Voucher with a unique code for you to give to your gift recipient.
- Using the unique code, the recipient will be able to pay for gifts they select from the Useful Gifts Catalogue.
How is a Gift Voucher allocated to a project?
- Gift Vouchers used within the same financial year as they were issued will be allocated to the programs associated with the gift choice.
- Gift Vouchers used after the same financial year of issue will be allocated where needed most, to the development work of TEAR's partners.
- For example;
- If a Gift Voucher issued in the same financial year is used to purchase a toilet, it will be allocated to Water and Sanitation programs.
- If the Gift Voucher is used after the financial year of issue, the person using the voucher will still be able to receive a gift of their choice, but the value of their Gift Voucher will be allocated where needed most, to allow TEAR to close off our books at the end of the financial year.