Lasting transformation happens when women are supported, connected and empowered. This gift impacts individual women, their families and communities through Self-Help Groups, training and income-generation activities.
How your gift helps
The work of Tearfund’s partner Share and Care Nepal includes a strong focus on women’s empowerment. Women’s and adolescent girls’ groups have raised awareness of women’s rights and of the harm caused by gender-based violence.
Many of the women involved say that while their lives used to mainly consist of household chores, they have now gained a voice, and a much broader social network, along with training and practical support. “Initially we were completely dependent on our husbands for income. Now we have our own income to help manage our household costs and children’s education,” says one woman. Another says: “We did not know about women’s rights before … Now we do, because of the women’s empowerment training we received.”
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
All printed cards and envelopes use PEFC certified paper and are produced according to ISO 14001 environmental standards.
Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Lasting transformation happens when women are supported, connected and empowered. This gift impacts individual women, their families and communities through Self-Help Groups, training and income-generation activities. | More information.