Chickens are the gift that keeps on giving! Rearing chickens provides extra food and income for families facing poverty. This gift supports projects that train people to raise and care for animals like chickens.
How your gift helps
Second chance after an earthquake
Thulimaya’s new chicken farm has given her and her family a second chance at realising a better future. They live in Ramati village in Nepal, where only a few years ago, they and many others in their community lost everything in a devastating earthquake, including her chicken farm. Your gift works to support partners of TEAR, such as local Christian partner Share and Care Nepal (SCN), as they give families a chance to gain an income by chicken farming.
Thulimaya discovered her way back to a place of hope through the Ramati Women's Group, initiated and supported by SCN. She received both social support and training in women’s empowerment. “I find women’s group very helpful because we were able to support each other,” says Thulimaya. “Most of all we receive support and loan for entrepreneurship.”
Access to a loan makes all the difference
Having access to this loan was critical because once Thulimaya and her husband had spent their savings on rebuilding their home, they had nothing left for their farm as a source of income. She applied for a loan of 10,000 rupees from the group, backed by a plan that she had drawn up. Thulimaya’s application was successful and she hasn’t looked back.
She started with 100 chicks and is very motivated to grow her business, supported by her adult sons and daughter. Her goal is to become a role model in poultry farming to encourage other people in her community to make a living for themselves with a farming business. Thulimaya’s community is a living example that the support of people like you for TEAR helps communities bounce back from a crisis and find renewed hope for their life.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from TEAR Australia's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Chickens are the gift that keeps on giving! Rearing chickens provides extra food and income for families facing poverty. This gift supports projects that train people to raise and care for animals like chickens. | More information.