Help fund a new kid on the block. By breeding and selling goats for profit, people can create a more reliable income to support their families. Goats are also a great source for milk, cheese and organic fertiliser!
How your gift helps
Man Bahadur is a Nepalese farmer who, with support from TEAR’s partner United Mission to Nepal (UMN), has improved his livelihood and become the resident goat expert in his community! Equipped with training and skills to rear healthy goats, Man Bahadur established a Goat Resource Centre – a place for local goat keepers to come for affordable advice and medicine. By breeding and selling goats for profit, farmers like Man Bahadur can create a more reliable income to support their families.
The value of goats is that they can be bred and sold for profit, and a healthy goat or goats mean a more reliable income. An added bonus is that goats are an excellent source of organic fertiliser – in many rural communities, farmers are now able to grow healthier crops and save money on chemical fertilisers.
Through UMN, Man Bahadur has formed a unique partnership with a local women’s community group. Together, they have built a goat shed and bought several breeding bucks so that stronger, healthier kids can be bred. This joint endeavour allows useful skills to be shared and creates a community of goat-breeders to support each other.
About our partner
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) works towards "Fullness of life for all, in a transformed Nepali society". Established in 1954, UMN is a cooperative effort between the people of Nepal and a large number of Christian organisations from nearly 20 countries on four continents. Multicultural teams of Nepali nationals and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in less-developed areas of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, strong and empowered individuals, families, and communities.
What you receive
- Choose from a printed card, e-card or download-and-print pdf card (or no card, just a tax-deductible receipt).
- Links to e-cards and download-and-print cards are emailed after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards—they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from TEAR Australia's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Help fund a new kid on the block. By breeding and selling goats for profit, people can create a more reliable income to support their families. Goats are also a great source for milk, cheese and organic fertiliser! | More information.