Rearing chickens can provide extra food and income for families facing poverty. This gift contributes to projects that help people access training and resources to improve their livelihoods by raising animals like chickens.
How your gift helps
In a mountainous village north of Kathmandu, Nepal, Ratna Kumari tends a thriving poultry farm. What started small – just 50 chicks – has grown under Ratna’s care to a flourishing brood of 200 chickens, with far-reaching impacts. “I am feeling proud to be a gainful entrepreneur,” Ratna shares. “It has helped me a lot to manage all my family expenses, children’s educations and regular monthly saving.” Ratna started her poultry business with the support of TEAR’s local partner, Share and Care Nepal, who have helped thousands of Nepali families to overcome the challenges of poverty for over 25 years.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from TEAR Australia's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Rearing chickens can provide extra food and income for families facing poverty. This gift contributes to projects that help people access training and resources to improve their livelihoods by raising animals like chickens. | More information.