Without a stable source of income, families can struggle under the burden of poverty. Help secure a livelihood and improve social participation by kick-starting a small business through a support network, training in new skills and access to a loan.
How your gift helps
Sometimes we need a helping hand to make a new start. For mother-of-two Narjaha, taking a three-month tailoring training course through Tearfund’s partner International Nepal Fellowship (INF) was the beginning of a whole new chapter. After the training, she was given a sewing machine – and off she went! She now earns a living creating and mending clothes for local people.
Narjaha is a member of one of INF’s Self-Help Groups. It’s through this group that she was able to access tailoring training and start saving money, and she now has plans to start a tailoring training school.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
All printed cards and envelopes use PEFC certified paper and are produced according to ISO 14001 environmental standards.
Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Without a stable source of income, families can struggle under the burden of poverty. Help secure a livelihood and improve social participation by kick-starting a small business through a support network, training in new skills and access to a loan. | More information.