Without a stable source of income, families can struggle under the burden of poverty and hardship. Help secure a livelihood and improve social participation by supporting the network that will kick-start a small business through training in new skills and access to group savings.
How your gift helps
Sometimes we need a helping hand to make a new start. That’s where the gift of a Business Kick-Starter comes in. Karimun’s (pictured) family were devastated when her daughter Shabnam tested positive for HIV, and soon after Shabnam’s husband left her. Support from Tearfund’s partner EFICOR has helped lift their family out of depression and equip them with resources to rebuild their life.
Last year, EFICOR worked with Karimun to help her restart her shop, which she'd had to close for several months due to some financial problems. This crucial support from EFICOR helped the family to get back on their feet and meet their day-to-day needs. Life is looking brighter for Karimun’s family as EFICOR continues to support her and her daughter.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Without a stable source of income, families can struggle under the burden of poverty and hardship. Help secure a livelihood and improve social participation by supporting the network that will kick-start a small business through training in new skills and access to group savings. | More information.