Clean water - who can live without it? In many communities, people have to walk a long way to find a safe water source, or make do with unclean water; which can lead to illness. Help provide a family with clean water for daily use and better health.
How your gift helps
Safe, clean water is something we take for granted in Australia, but for children like Lemecha (pictured) and his friends in Ethiopia, it's a novelty.
TEAR's partner the Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church (EKHC) has worked with Lemecha's village to install a new borehole, which will provide a safe water source for the community for drinking, cooking and washing.
Before the borehole was installed in their village, the community had to make do with their own hand-dug shallow wells, which contained dirty and disease-prone water. Drinking from these wells often led to illnesses like diarrhoea for many people, including children. The new borehole will ensure the community enjoys better health, allowing them to work or go to school - and improving their overall quality of life and God-given potential!
EKHC works with a number of communities like this one to improve access to safe water through infrastructure including boreholes and gravity-fed water systems.
They also train the community in the importance of sanitation, supporting households to build their own toilets and improve their sanitation and overall health.
Every borehole is also managed and maintained by a group of community members, who are trained by EKHC. This ensures the boreholes remain functional for many years to come, and promote a deep sense of community ownership and commitment.
About our partner
The Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church (EKHC) (Kale Heywet means 'Word of Life') is a long-term TEAR partner in Ethiopia. They work with a number of village communities to implement various development activities, including water and sanitation projects, which significantly improve people's lives.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from TEAR Australia's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Clean water - who can live without it? In many communities, people have to walk a long way to find a safe water source, or make do with unclean water; which can lead to illness. Help provide a family with clean water for daily use and better health. | More information.