Not only do toilets improve hygiene, they also provide safety, dignity and better health outcomes for everyone. Whether a school toilet block or a household latrine, this gift helps lead to healthier, empowered communities.
How your gift helps
In remote villages in northern Laos, Tearfund’s Christian partner World Renew Laos supports families, who are in the most vulnerable situations, to construct a household latrine using local resources, like the one pictured.
For some of the older community members, these latrines have meant that for the first time in their lives, they don’t need to practise open defecation. Not only do toilets reduce disease and improve hygiene, they also make the community a safer place and provide dignity and better health outcomes for everyone.
This Useful Gift celebrates a real story of transformation that represents the water and sanitation work of Tearfund’s partners around the world. Your purchase of this gift is a valuable contribution to this work.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
All printed cards and envelopes use PEFC certified paper and are produced according to ISO 14001 environmental standards.
Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Not only do toilets improve hygiene, they also provide safety, dignity and better health outcomes for everyone. Whether a school toilet block or a household latrine, this gift helps lead to healthier, empowered communities. | More information.