Clean water – who can live without it? Many communities facing poverty rely on unsafe water that can lead to illness. Your gift helps provide communities with clean water and better health.
How your gift helps
For the first time...
It was a day unlike any other for the children of Bhawani School in far western Nepal. With the turn of a brand new tap connected to a water tank, for the first time they could feel and taste running water in their own school yard. Washing their hands never felt so good for these students!
Your purchase of this gift delivers the benefits of clean water to communities who need it most. Thanks to TEAR’s partner in Nepal, United Mission to Nepal (UMN), communities like Bhawani School are experiencing the pleasure of safe water being available in their places of learning, work and living for the first time. With the water flows better health and sanitation, as UMN also supports communities to improve their hygiene practices and develop livelihoods dependent on water, such as vegetable growing.
Partnership leads to community transformation
And it’s not just what gets delivered through these projects, it’s how they are delivered that brings about community transformation. In the case of Bhawani School, UMN partnered with the parents of the school and local community group Centre for Equal Access Development (CEAD) to build the water tank and basin.
This partnership model was possible due to UMN’s work over eight years with the people who formed CEAD to give them the skills to carry out projects like this. CEAD has grown from a local group of young people trying to improve their village to an organisation capable of managing a number of impactful health and education projects.
In other places, school management committees are trained by UMN to lead a program such as better sanitation. After the committee has formed an action plan, again they carry it out with the help of parents and other local community organisations.
For the students at Bhawani and other schools, they can now concentrate on their studies without wasting time and energy on carrying water from a distance or worrying about illness from unclean water. Lessons in good hygiene have also resulted in a much happier school which means they have become a community ready to function at its best.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from TEAR Australia's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Clean water – who can live without it? Many communities facing poverty rely on unsafe water that can lead to illness. Your gift helps provide communities with clean water and better health. | More information.