Many adults facing poverty never have the chance to attend or finish their schooling. This gift helps adults access rights, build confidence and enjoy new possibilities through literacy skills and learning opportunities.
How your gift helps
Learning to read and write has helped Ali (pictured, name changed) run a successful business. Before he was literate, people would owe Ali money but he wouldn't be able to keep track of who owed him what. Now, he is able to keep good records and better provide for himself and his family!
Ali took part in literacy training, which Tearfund’s partner IAM runs in the remote mountain villages of Afghanistan’s Central Highlands. These courses have helped men and women to reach a school equivalent of grade three or higher, providing skills to keep track of finances and pursue business endeavours, as well as follow instructions on medication and make phone calls. Through IAM’s adult literacy project, hundreds of people have been empowered with new opportunities, confidence and dignity.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19 and the Christmas/New Year period. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Many adults facing poverty never have the chance to attend or finish their schooling. This gift helps adults access rights, build confidence and enjoy new possibilities through literacy skills and learning opportunities. | More information.