Community School Class
Contribute to the cost of a class in a community school! For some communities, getting access to education is a huge challenge. There may be limited teaching materials, a lack of qualified teachers, or the nearest school may be far away. This gift is helping to fund projects that enable more children to get an education.
How your gift helps
For many children in the rural province of Sindh, Pakistan, getting an education is a significant challenge. Due to distance, cost and cultural barriers, many children – especially girls – don't enrol in school at all. But through the Primary Education Project (PEP), facilitated by TEAR's partner the Anglican Diocese of Hyderabad, local communities are being supported to establish and manage community schools, creating a brighter future for their children.
Studying at the community school provides students like 10-year-old Nena with an education that she otherwise might have missed out on. "I remember the first day of school, I was very happy," Nena shares. "As I learned to read and write, my parents could not believe I was learning so much. And when other girls saw me going to school, another 15 to 20 girls started coming too."
Through the community school, learning goes beyond the classroom for Nena too. Along with her peers, she's part of a girl's Savings Group that meets each week to develop life skills, build savings and become change agents in their communities. At one point, when Nena's parents were struggling to pay her school fees, Nena was able to contribute proudly to her fees with her own savings.
Nena is passionate about continuing her education and following her dream to be a teacher. "In our village, people think giving girls an education is not important and they don't need it because their first priority is work at home. I have to show them the importance through my education and by becoming a teacher. I will teach in this school and be a role model for villagers and girls."
About our partner
The Church of Pakistan, Diocese of Hyderabad, runs the Primary Education Project which currently has 85 community-established and managed schools, educating around 5000 students and working to meet some of the needs of marginalised communities in rural Sindh.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from TEAR Australia's Useful Gifts:
Community School Class
About this gift:
Contribute to the cost of a class in a community school! For some communities, getting access to education is a huge challenge. There may be limited teaching materials, a lack of qualified teachers, or the nearest school may be far away. This gift is helping to fund projects that enable more children to get an education. | More information.