TEAR's Projects in Nepal
When you support the efforts of our Nepal DEEP participants, you’re contributing to sustainable projects run by TEAR’s partners in Nepal.
With a population of more than 28 million people, and more than 100 different ethnic groups, the country of Nepal is as diverse as it is beautiful. The country has also made gains in reducing poverty across the country with 15% living below the poverty line compared with almost 26% a decade ago. Progress is also being made in health, access to water and a number of indicators. However, the country also experiences ongoing challenges including poor infrastructure and being prone to natural disasters, most recently the 2015 earthquake and major floods in 2017. These have been major setbacks for many people, particularly in rural and isolated areas.
TEAR Australia partners with 7 Christian organisations in Nepal to create positive change in communities facing poverty. Putting their faith into action, they walk alongside communities to help discover more of their God-given potential and to address the root causes of poverty and injustice.
Whether it’s helping a family learn about health or nutrition, or creating opportunities for women and families to earn an income, your gifts to TEAR’s projects in Nepal are helping to create long-lasting change and bring hope to some of the most marginalised communities.
What you receive
- Choose from a Can help provide health training to local families., Can help establish women’s community groups that bring about positive change in their communities, like establishing savings groups or learning new skills., Can help provide training and access to funds to help families generate income by rearing goats or other animals., or Can contribute to the cost of a water system in a community..
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.