TEAR's Projects in India
With a population tipped to be the largest in the world within the next decade, India is one of the world’s most populous and complex nations. It is also home to one-third of the world’s extreme poor (those living on less than US$1.25 a day). While the Indian economy has grown at a staggering rate over the last two decades, this growth hasn’t reached everyone. In many parts of India people continue to live in extreme poverty, unable to meet their basic needs or to escape the burdens of debt, poverty, or even their caste – limiting what they can achieve.
Over the last four decades, TEAR Australia has been partnering with local Christian agencies such as EFICOR (The Evangelical Fellowship of India Commission on Relief) to serve India’s most poor and marginalised communities, helping them to discover more of their God-given potential and to address the root causes of poverty and injustice.
Whether it’s supporting a Women’s Community Group to generate sustainable sources of income, or teaching an adult to read and write, your gifts to TEAR’s projects in India are helping to create long-lasting change and bring hope to some of the most marginalised communities.
Read more about TEAR's projects in India.
What you receive
- Choose from a printed card, e-card or download-and-print pdf card (or no card, just a tax-deductible receipt).
- Links to e-cards and download-and-print cards are emailed after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards—they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.