Primary Education Project: Pakistan
TEAR’s partner, the Anglican Diocese of Hyderabad, has a vision for more children to achieve more of their God-given potential through the power of Education.
Millions of children in rural areas in Pakistan don’t make it to school, let alone pre-school, due to government schools being few and far between. The Primary Education Project (PEP) is helping to meet this need by establishing 75 self-supporting community schools. This year over 4,500 children are receiving the gift of primary school education, many of whom would have otherwise missed out.
In addition, local communities play a central role in the project, setting up, managing and maintaining their schools. Each school has a management committee made up of local men and women who ensure that fees are paid, teachers are supported and facilities are maintained. This sustainable model of community ownership is facilitated by PEP’s field team who provide ongoing teacher training, and work with school management committees and women’s groups to build leadership and advocacy skills.
Pakistan is home to 197 million people and boasts the second largest economy in South Asia. In the past two decades, Pakistan has made significant gains in reducing poverty, but an estimated 50 million people still live in poverty.
TEAR Australia has been working with the Anglican Diocese of Hyderabad on Primary Education projects since 2004.
What you receive
- Choose from a Can help fund classes for a student, Can help train a teacher, or Can help fund the running costs of a PEP school.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.