Poverty can compound challenges for people living with disabilities. This gift supports people living with disabilities to enjoy meaningful opportunities, restored relationships, and avenues to contribute to community transformation.
How your gift helps
For years, Ishika isolated herself from her community, embarrassed by a physical disability caused by a disease she suffered at a young age. That is, until she joined a Self-Help Group run by BASD, Tearfund’s local partner in Bangladesh.
Encouraged by BASD’s staff, she received training in business development and leadership which stirred a hunger in her to reach her potential. Today, Ishika serves as the chair of her Self-Help Group and as an advocate for disability rights, and passionately educates mothers about early vaccinations to prevent the kind of disability she has.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Poverty can compound challenges for people living with disabilities. This gift supports people living with disabilities to enjoy meaningful opportunities, restored relationships, and avenues to contribute to community transformation. | More information.