Without a stable source of income, families can struggle under the burden of poverty. Help secure a livelihood and improve social participation by kick-starting a small business through a support network, training in new skills and access to a loan.
How your gift helps
As a teenager, Noy worked 16-hour days in a factory in Thailand, far from her home and family in Laos. When she was finally able to return home, she didn’t know how she would survive – until she heard about an employment training opportunity with Tearfund’s Christian partner World Concern. Now, Noy earns a stable income through her successful sewing business, and is an advocate for other young women in her village who consider crossing the border to find work. Through quality training, access to loans, and locally-based opportunities, women like Noy can overcome poverty by kick-starting small businesses!
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Without a stable source of income, families can struggle under the burden of poverty. Help secure a livelihood and improve social participation by kick-starting a small business through a support network, training in new skills and access to a loan. | More information.