A Sustainable Future
Today, our world faces the extraordinary COVID-19 crisis that threatens to undo years of hard-won progress.
Today, as many as 163 million¹ more people are on the edge of tipping into poverty.
This is no ordinary moment.
2020 compounded the twin crises of COVID-19 and climate change, and it is imperative that the trajectory changes.
In Luke 4:16-21, Jesus proclaimed that through him, ‘today’ was God’s new day. It still is. In Jesus, the end of poverty begins with today. Now is the time to reset – and we each have a part to play.
That’s why today we are inviting you to give to A Sustainable Future.
How your gift helps:
With your gift towards A Sustainable Future, Tearfund can continue to provide communities with initiatives that focus on sustainable agriculture, disaster resilience and food security to help vulnerable communities build their climate-resilience.
When you purchase the gift of A Sustainable Future, it does two things:
- Supports Tearfund’s partners who work with vulnerable communities as they adapt and build their climate-resilience through initiatives that focus on things like sustainable agriculture, improving access to and storage of safe water, disaster resilience and food security.
- Contributes to Tearfund’s advocacy work with the church in Australia, empowering people to speak out, live differently and be leaders in the movement towards a more just and sustainable world. Motivated by God’s call to care for creation, Tearfund equips Christians in Australia to take action through local and global campaigns, and amplify the voices of those most vulnerable to climate-related injustice.
What you receive
- Choose from a Can empower more people to speak out, live differently and be leaders for a just and sustainable world, Can support our partners' work with vulnerable communities as they adapt and build their climate-resilience, Can help amplify the voices of those most vulnerable to climate-related injustice, or Can help build climate-resilience through sustainable agriculture, safe water, disaster resilience and food security.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
All printed cards and envelopes use PEFC certified paper and are produced according to ISO 14001 environmental standards.
Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID.