South Sudan Refugee Response
Ongoing violence and instability in South Sudan has led to more than 260,000 people making the decision to flee their country and seek refuge in neighbouring Uganda.
TEAR’s partner, World Renew Uganda, has been working in the Bidibidi refugee settlement in the Yumbe district of Uganda since September 2016. As more people arrive at the settlement, the demand on the water and sanitation infrastructure continues to increase.
How you can help.
TEAR Australia is urgently raising money toward a revised goal of $100,000 to expand the provision of water and sanitation in the Bidibidi settlement.
Donations made to the South Sudan Refugee Response project will directly support these efforts. All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Should the amount raised exceed what is required, TEAR will redirect gifts to similar humanitarian and development work. View the fundraising and donations FAQ.
What you receive
- Choose from aor Default Title.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.