South Sudan Refugee Response
Ongoing violence and instability in South Sudan has led to more than 200,000 people making the decision to flee their country and seek refuge in neighbouring Uganda.
TEAR’s partner, World Renew Uganda, has completed a rapid assessment of the status of the refugee influx in Yumbe and Koboko districts and established that 70% of the refugees are women and children.
The current influx of refugees are likely to stay longer in the settlements due to ongoing ethnic conflict in South Sudan. Most have arrived with luggage and do not expect to return home soon.
Bidibidi settlement is a new refugee site for the South Sudanese in Yumbe district. The site has very little water and sanitation infrastructure and lack of hygiene is a problem.
How you can help.
TEAR Australia is urgently raising $40,000 to assist with sanitation infrastructure and to provide hygiene awareness in the Bidibidi settlement.
Working with our partner World Renew Uganda, the activities will be implemented from mid September to November 2016.
Donations made to the South Sudan Refugee Response project will directly support these efforts.
Should the amount raised exceed what is required, TEAR will redirect gifts to development work within South Sudan. View the fundraising and donations FAQ.
What you receive
- Choose from a printed card, e-card or download-and-print pdf card (or no card, just a tax-deductible receipt).
- Links to e-cards and download-and-print cards are emailed after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards—they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.