Attending pre-school helps children from poor and marginalised backgrounds become ready to enter and thrive in primary school. It gives them the opportunity to socialise with other children in a school-like setting, build confidence, and learn basic numbers and the alphabet.
How your gift helps
The future for these children is worth smiling about, thanks to the support of TEAR's partner Baptist Aid-Bangladesh Baptist Church Fellowship (BA-BBCF)! As part of BA-BBCF’s Integrated Community Development Project, which operates in 10 villages throughout North Bengal, pre-school classes are opening up a future of learning for young students.
Attending pre-school classes provides a valuable foundation for learning for these kids, giving them a boost in preparation to enter mainstream schooling. Children that have participated in pre-primary learning consistently perform well – often at the top of the class – when they transition into government primary schools. They’re given the opportunity to socialise with other children in a school-like setting, build confidence, and learn basic numbers and the alphabet. This is especially important for children from ethnic minority communities who speak languages other than Bengali, which is used in government schools.
As well as helping children thrive in their education, BA-BBCF is focused on supporting the community of parents, too. Guardian meetings provide parents with the chance to ask questions of the teachers; and give the teachers a platform to share information about health and hygiene, or advice on how to help children with homework.
About our partner
Baptist Aid-Bangladesh Baptist Church Fellowship is the aid and development arm of the Bangladesh Baptist Church Fellowship. Their vision is for "a Bangladeshi society based on moral and ethical values, free from poverty, injustice and oppression with equal opportunity and sustainable livelihoods for all people – giving life in all its fullness."
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from TEAR Australia's Useful Gifts:
About this gift:
Attending pre-school helps children from poor and marginalised backgrounds become ready to enter and thrive in primary school. It gives them the opportunity to socialise with other children in a school-like setting, build confidence, and learn basic numbers and the alphabet. | More information.