Village Water Source
When a reliable source of water isn’t available, health and livelihoods are held back. A safe and sustainable source of water, and the training and resources to maintain it, can make all the difference for an entire village.
How your gift helps
Five years ago, preventable diseases were rampant in Mayel’s (pictured, name changed) village in the Central Highlands of Afghanistan. Many of them could be traced back to an old well that was the only source of water for her village. But today, the community is experiencing renewed health and vitality.
Tearfund’s partner IAM worked with community members to build a new, clean water source and composting latrines, and gave memorable lessons about health and hygiene. Free from recurrent illness, children and adults alike are now strong and able to enjoy community life, learning and livelihoods.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19 and the Christmas/New Year period. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
Village Water Source
About this gift:
When a reliable source of water isn’t available, health and livelihoods are held back. A safe and sustainable source of water, and the training and resources to maintain it, can make all the difference for an entire village. | More information.