Health and Nutrition Education
Nourishing food helps children grow strong and stay healthy. This gift supports children who have been identified as malnourished, and provides their family with important knowledge about nutrition, health and hygiene.
How your gift helps
When TEAR‰۪s partner United Mission to Nepal (UMN) and its local partner visited Rajmati‰۪s village, they examined her three-year-old son Bishnu and found he was malnourished. This explained his weakness and constant health issues.
As part of the nutrition program, which focuses on children under five, UMN and its partner set up nutrition clinics in communities and also conduct training with female community health volunteers. They teach them how to identify malnourished babies and children and to administer therapeutic nutrition in emergency situations. They also work with the community to educate mothers about how to prepare nutritious food from cheap and locally available ingredients. This proactive approach aims to improve children‰۪s nutrition from early on, helping them grow up healthy and strong.
Through contact with the health centre, Rajmati was able to learn how to prepare nutritious meals, how to offer different varieties of food and how to improve hygiene in the home to help her family stay healthy. Over his four months visiting the centre Bishnu had gained the weight he needed to, and is now thriving.
For Rajmati, who is responsible for her household in the absence of her husband, getting the support and encouragement to improve her son‰۪s health has been a huge blessing.
About our partner
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) works towards "Fullness of life for all, in a transformed Nepali society". Established in 1954, UMN is a cooperative effort between the people of Nepal and a large number of Christian organisations from nearly 20 countries on four continents. Multicultural teams of Nepali nationals and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in less-developed areas of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, strong and empowered individuals, families, and communities.
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia (5-7 working days) or $6 for Express Post (2-3 working days). Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 1:30pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
has purchased a gift for you from TEAR Australia's Useful Gifts:
Health and Nutrition Education
About this gift:
Nourishing food helps children grow strong and stay healthy. This gift supports children who have been identified as malnourished, and provides their family with important knowledge about nutrition, health and hygiene. | More information.