Mental Health Care
The impacts of poverty and conflict can affect mental wellbeing. A network of care and support helps people as they navigate their mental health journey. This gift connects people with mental illness and their families with trained support workers and access to psychiatric services.
How your gift helps
Choosing this gift means you’re contributing to sustainable and long-term development projects run by Tearfund’s partners.
Poverty and conflict can compound mental illness and psychological distress, but a network of care and support can help people as they navigate their mental health journey.
Tearfund’s partner Medair incorporates mental health and psychosocial support into its health projects in Somalia.
Halima* says: “I fled the war in 2017; I lost everything and left some of my belongings. We have passed a lot of sad situations in life and if we don’t talk about it, everything sad that happens remains in our heart and causes stress and mental illness. We are very grateful to Medair and also the community volunteers who provide us with education messages. It will not bring our life back to normal but at least we can cope with the current situation.”
* name changed
What you receive
- Choose from a Printed Card, Download & Print (PDF), E-card, or No Card.
- Links to Download & Print (PDF) and E-cards are emailed to you after checkout.
- The amount you have donated will not be on the card.
- Printed cards:
- A blank envelope for your card.
- Free standard postage within Australia or $7 for Express Post. Note: Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information during COVID-19. Express Post cards will normally be sent the same day if the order is made before 12pm AEST. Please note: Express Post only operates in these areas within Australia.
- Note: We cannot ship printed cards outside Australia (but you can still order the digital cards).
- Note: We do NOT write on your cards — they are delivered to you to personalise.
- A tax-deductible receipt.
All printed cards and envelopes use PEFC certified paper and are produced according to ISO 14001 environmental standards.
Please see our FAQs for updated delivery information.
has purchased a gift for you from Tearfund's Useful Gifts:
Mental Health Care
About this gift:
The impacts of poverty and conflict can affect mental wellbeing. A network of care and support helps people as they navigate their mental health journey. This gift connects people with mental illness and their families with trained support workers and access to psychiatric services. | More information.