This gift helps to improve the lives of people in a poor community through a range of development activities and programs that will make a difference for generations to come.
Note: Instead of a gift card, you’ll receive an information booklet and certificate, as well as a follow-up report.
Gifts and donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Should the number of items sold or the funds raised exceed the amount needed for the projects these gifts are intended to fund, TEAR Australia will redirect donations to similar development work.
The Village Package may include:
- Formation of Self-Help Groups that access adult literacy, savings schemes and skills-based training
- Construction of toilets and sanitation and hygiene education
- Improved access to water
- Agricultural training
- Provision of livestock like chickens and goats, and training to develop a livelihood
- Community health programs
- Gender and human rights training for both men and women.